The AIS is located on Leverrier Street, Bruce, Australian Capital Territory.
The campus covers an area of around 65 hectares and is approximately seven minutes from the centre of Canberra.
All locations on the campus have been numbered with the numbers on this map matching the numbers that you will find on the buildings and sporting facilities around the AIS campus.
Transport and Parking
There are three main parking areas for visitors. Their locations are:
- Car park 3 - located adjacent to the Track and Field facility; in front of Canberra Stadium and at the end of Battye Street. This car park can accommodate buses.
- Car park 4 - located adjacent to the playing fields located on Masterman Street.
- Car park 5 - located across from the AIS Arena and at the corner of Leverrier Street and Battye Street. This car park can accommodate buses.
To reach the campus by public transport you need to catch the number R9 bus from the Belconnen Town Centre.
If you are arriving from the City, catch the R1 to Dickson then the R9.
For full timetable information, please visit the Transport Canberra Bus website.
- The AIS Shop, AIS café, AIS Aquatic and Fitness Centre, Ticketek and AIS Tours desk are all easily accessible.
- Assistance Animals are always welcome at the AIS when accompanied by their handler.
- Companion card holders and their attendant support person gain entry for the price of one ticket to paid tours and to the AIS Aquatic and Fitness Centre. Companion cards are accepted for ticketed events at the discretion of the event promoter. Please check when booking.
- All public areas at the AIS are accessible either by lifts, escalators, or walkway ramps.
- Accessible parking facilities are available close to the AIS' main entrances.
- The AIS has modern well equipped and accessible toilet and shower facilities as well as family change rooms available.
- The AIS can tailor services to best suit your needs and we encourage you to contact us to discuss your requirements before your visit. Advanced bookings are essential. For more information telephone (02) 6214 1010.