The Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and Sport Australia, with support from the Australian Government and Office for Women, is delivering the AIS Talent program to support women in coaching and executive roles in high performance sport.
The AIS Talent Programs have been purposefully designed to focus on shifting mindsets and behaviours to support transformation.
The anticipated impact on the Australian Sporting system is that women in key roles will display a greater sense of:
- Self and system awareness – understanding themselves and fully acknowledging personal strengths and tendencies under pressure. Using this knowledge to challenge the status quo in the system.
- Personal identity and confidence – identifying shaping experiences and influences over their career and life to assert greater choice. Empowering themselves through leadership health and myth busting.
- Leadership presence – presenting with impact. Understanding personal presence, crafting powerful stories for influence and negotiating win/win outcomes.
- Conscious connections – considering what it takes to develop authentic relationships, genuine connections and integrated networks.
- Diversity as a lever for change – understanding the enablers and barriers to diversity in organisations and systems, why it matters, the role of biases and assumptions, and how these impact change and transformation.
2022 AIS Talent Program Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the program, participants will need to be:
- A woman aged 18 years or over.
- An Australian citizen or have been granted permanent residence status.
- Engaged or contracted by a National Sporting Organisation (NSO), National Institute Network (NIN) member or Games Delivery Partner or Professional sports team or club.
- Available for all program dates.
Participants need to:
- Identify a sponsor currently employed within the high performance sports system to support the application. A sponsor is someone more senior who can influence and advocate on behalf of the applicant.
- Not be employed by Sport Australia or the AIS when applying for the program.
2021 AIS Talent Programs
In 2021, the Talent Program was offered to women in STEMM professions. This included, but is not limited to: sports medicine, physiotherapy, psychology, nutrition, strength and conditioning, physiology, biomechanics, skill acquisition, performance analysis, performance data analytics, and engineering.
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org