Working in partnership with National Sporting Organisations (NSOs) and the National Institute Network (NIN), AIS Intensive Rehabilitation supports injured Australian athletes return to performance through the delivery of intensive, integrated, complex rehabilitation solutions.
The AIS environment offers the unique ability to focus on the delivery of high impact, outcome driven rehabilitation for athletes, through the use of exceptional facilities and specialised sports expertise available onsite.
The AIS works closely with National Sporting Organisations and the National Institute Network to plan, communicate and deliver a tailored rehabilitation program that delivers effective outcomes within the athlete’s agreed return to performance plan.
In seeking to improve complex rehabilitation outcomes across high performance sport in Australia, AIS Intensive Rehabilitation is committed to:
- supporting NSOs and the NIN to leverage sports science/sports medicine expertise for complex rehabilitation cases
- providing evidence-based, accessible resources that underpin contemporary practices in complex rehabilitation.
AIS intensive rehabilitation (IR) aims to at support National Sporting Organisations (NSOs) and the National Institute Network (NIN) to maximise outcomes for high priority athletes with complex rehabilitation problems.
To be eligible for the AIS Intensive Rehabilitation program, applications must be received via AMS directly from the high performance sport.
In partnering with AIS Intensive Rehabilitation, NSOs and the NIN will have access to:
- A dedicated team of rehabilitation experts to develop and implement a robust return to performance plan
- World-class sport science sports medicine facilities that support delivery of a holistic rehabilitation experience
- Opportunities to embed staff with the AIS Intensive Rehabilitation team for capability building purposes.
Who can benefit?
AIS Intensive Rehabilitation will benefit Australian high performance (categorised) athletes where:
- A period of intensive residential rehabilitation may improve return to performance outcomes
- The rehabilitation services available to the athlete in their daily training environment may not adequately support return to performance goals.
- An independent review or second opinion of a complex rehabilitation scenario is sought by an NSO or NIN partner.
For further information on AIS Intensive Rehabilitation contact us at IntensiveRehab@sportaus.gov.au