Working in partnership with National Sporting Organisations (NSOs) and the National Institute Network (NIN), AIS Intensive Rehabilitation supports injured Australian athletes return to performance through the delivery of intensive, integrated complex rehabilitation solutions.
In seeking to improve complex rehabilitation outcomes across high performance sport in Australia, AIS Intensive Rehabilitation is committed to:
- Supporting NSOs and the NIN to leverage sports science sports medicine expertise for complex rehabilitation cases
- Providing evidence-based, accessible resources that underpin contemporary practices in complex rehabilitation.
In situations where an NSO believes that the AIS can provide services above and beyond that which is available to an athlete in their daily training environment, the AIS will deliver intensive, integrated rehabilitation solutions to return the athlete to high performance sport. In partnering with AIS Intensive Rehabilitation, NSOs and the NIN will have access to:
- A dedicated team of rehabilitation experts to develop and implement a robust return to performance plan
- World-class sport science sports medicine facilities that support delivery of a holistic rehabilitation experience
- Opportunities to embed staff with the AIS Intensive Rehabilitation team for capability building purposes.
AIS Intensive Rehabilitation will benefit Australian high performance (categorised) athletes where:
- A period of intensive residential rehabilitation may improve return to performance outcomes
- The rehabilitation services available to the athlete in their daily training environment may not adequately support return to performance goals.
For further information on AIS Intensive Rehabilitation contact us at IntensiveRehab@sportaus.gov.au
Injury: Hamstring surgical tendon repair
Recovery Time: 3 months
'There is no doubt in my mind, if I didn’t have the opportunity to work with the AIS Intensive Rehabilitation team that I’d be retired from basketball. Their professionalism, expertise, and passion to get me back on the court at my physical and mental best is unlike anything I’ve experienced in my career.’
Injury: Partial hamstring avulsion injury
Recovery Time: 4 months
‘Living on the AIS campus put me in the right head space for a full recovery, I was with other athletes who were going through a similar story. The program was intense but the team were always on tops of things to help me achieve my end goal.’