The AIS Female Performance & Health Initiative (FPHI) was established in October 2019, to improve female athlete specific knowledge and systems of support.
The initiative will benefit Australian athletes, coaches, parents, sporting organisations and support staff in the sport sector and will raise awareness and understanding to key female athlete performance and health consideration.
- Delivering education opportunities and educational resources relating to key female athlete performance and health considerations.
- Building system-wide knowledge by providing an evidence-based framework for creating resources for athletes and their performance teams from the grassroots to the elite level.
- Identifying research related to female athlete health and performance to help Australian athletes, coaches and clinicians make evidence-informed decisions.
- Establishing a roadmap for future research in female athlete health and performance to help to ensure future research is appropriately targeted and prioritised.
- Collaborating with high performance system partners, academic institutions, subject experts and the wider sporting sector to create efficiencies and reduce duplication.
- A supporting aim of the initiative is to promote and support women to lead various aspects of project activity – including female researchers, scientists, coaches, practitioners, and high performance sport leaders.
Increase your knowledge about the menstrual cycle, menstrual abnormalities, puberty and hormonal contraception.
The Female Performance and Health Initiative (FPHI) suite of online education earned the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) and White Leaf Solutions (WLS) two honours at The 2021 LearnX Live! Awards.
- Platinum Award for Best Talented Team (Talent Partnership)
- Gold Award for Best eLearning Design (Free eLearning Resource)
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.