The AIS Talent Program (STEMM) is on offer to all women who work in high performance sport and specialise in science, technology, engineering, maths or medicine disciplines and are looking to progress to that next level in their career.
In its second year, the leadership program aims to increase the depth, diversity and representation of women in Australian sport.
The six-month program includes three face-to-face modules at the AIS as well as online training focused on leadership, personal brand and advocating for change.
The program is supported by the Australian Government’s Office for Women, with the Australian Sports Commission (ASC) and AIS together delivering several initiatives aimed at helping women in sport reach their full potential.
- Provides opportunities for personal and professional development
- Support, retain and progress talented women in STEMM roles
- Help advance women into STEMM leadership roles within Australian sport
- Strengthen the connection and collaboration between women who work in STEMM
- Applications open
9:00am (AEDT) Monday 27 February 2023
- Applications closed
11:55pm (AEDT) Wednesday 15 March 2023
- Applicants notified of outcomes
Week commencing 20 March 2023
Module 1: Tuesday 2 May 2023 – Thursday 4 May 2023
Module 2: Tuesday 20 June 2023 – Thursday 22 June 2023
Module 3: Tuesday 5 September 2023 – Thursday 7 September 2023
The program will cover a range of topics such as leadership presence, professional networking and how to turn barriers into opportunities.
Furthermore participants will learn how to:
- Name, claim and leverage their key strengths
- Consciously influence change
- Turn their experiences into valuable lessons
- Implement effective communication strategies
- Build a supportive and conscious network
- Program launch: Thursday 30 March (120 minute online session)
- Module 1 in Canberra: Tuesday 2 May – Thursday 4 May
- Module 2 in Canberra: Tuesday 20 June – Thursday 22 June
- Module 3 in Canberra: Tuesday 5 September – Thursday 7 September
- Program concludes: mid-September
**Please note participant flights, accommodation, meals and ground transport to and from the modules will be covered by the AIS
Diversity of applicants
The AIS welcome applicants who reflect the diversity of the Australian community and encourages women who identify as the below to apply:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Culturally and linguistically diverse
- Person with disability
- Identify as a woman
- Aged 18 years or over
- An Australian citizen or has been granted/in the process of attaining permanent residence status
- Employed or contracted by an NSO/SSO, NSOD, NIN or Games Delivery Partner (noting that clinical professions are often engaged as sole traders / consultants)
- Engaged in a science, technology, engineering, maths or medicine (STEMM) role or has a STEMM background and currently managing / overseeing STEMM personnel (employees, contractors, or delivery network).
- Is not a current employee of the ASC or AIS
- Is available to attend all the face-to-face modules (support for childcare will be considered)
How to apply
- Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria
- Read the Terms and conditions below
- Confirm a sponsor
- Complete the application form