02 October 2020
We are excited to announce that Swim School will reopen for Term 4 lessons on Monday 2 November 2020 and will run for 7 weeks.
Due to operational impacts relating to COVID, the program will have a limited number of classes in Term 4. The Swim School will initially operate every day except Tuesdays and Thursdays. We are aiming to open classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays part way through the term. We will advise customers via email when classes on these days become available.
Places will initially only be available to participants who were enrolled in Term 1 2020. Customers have been emailed with enrolment details, with enrolments opening on Tuesday 6 October.
While new customer assessments and enrolments will not be accepted at this time, enrolments may re-open to new customers subject to availability. This will be communicated via our website, as well as the Aquatic & Fitness Centre Facebook page.
What can you expect
- We have prepared a COVID Safety Plan to ensure the health and safety of staff, athletes and all members of the public.
- The 25m pool will have a maximum capacity of 100 people at any one time.
- Classes have been scheduled to abide by this capacity.
- Classes may be grouped and staggered to start 15 minutes apart. A 15-minute interval between every successive class will facilitate customer movement to enter and exit the facility in a COVID safe manner as well as cleaning of frequent touch points and equipment.
- We request that only one parent / guardian attend with their child / children.
- Cleaning across all spaces, change rooms and high touch points have been increased.
- There are additional hand sanitisers for use by patrons.
- We will limit the sharing of equipment within classes.
- We will be carefully managing the entry, exit and flow of patrons through the Aquatic & Fitness Centre, particularly in order to separate patrons from any high performance athlete activity on site.
- Male and Female change rooms are accessible but only from behind Reception. Corridor access from the 25 metre pool deck to the change rooms is blocked/prohibited.
- We will be maintaining a register of all patrons, including their first name and phone number along with the date and time they attended the Aquatic & Fitness Centre. This will occur through swiping your membership card at Pool Reception.
- We will no longer be accepting cash as a form of payment. Payment can only be made via EFTPOS, debit card or credit card.
- We will continue to monitor the situation constantly and may suspend activity should there be a need to due to health and safety concerns.
While restrictions are easing, our collective responsibilities haven't. It is your responsibility to:
- maintain personal and respiratory hygiene, including regular hand washing; and
- stay home if you are unwell and get tested if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
When coming to the Aquatic & Fitness Centre, you should:
- abide by the “get in, train, get out” principal and not gather in communal areas before or after activity;
- please leave the Aquatic & Fitness Centre quickly following your class;
- while shower facilities are available, please shower at home after swimming.
- remember to bring your swimming cap and towel; and
- reduce contact with other people and try to main physical distancing of 1.5 metres from other people.
Help us return to sport and physical activity by downloading the COVIDSafe app.
Downloading the app is something you can do to protect you, your family and friends, and save the lives of other Australians.
When will other programs and activities at the Aquatic & Fitness Centre resume ?
We understand that our members and customers are keen to resume activity at the Aquatic & Fitness Centre.
While the campus has been closed, we have taken the opportunity to progress some improvement works in the Testing and Training Pool and Recovery Centre.
So as restrictions continue to be eased, we may still require some limitations on public activities until these works are completed and in order to comply with ACT Public Health Directions. We thank you for your ongoing understanding.
Further information on possible and phased resumption of public activity on the AIS campus can be found here.
We will endeavour to provide advanced notice of any resumption of public activity. If there are any changes to programs and activity at the AIS campus, this will be communicated via our website, as well as the Visit AIS, Aquatic & Fitness Centre and Track and Field Centre Facebook pages. Existing customers may also be contacted directly should any changes apply.