17 July 2020
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Aquatic & Fitness centre to enjoy our 25m heated indoor pool for some lap swimming from Monday 20 July 2020.
We are very excited to be re-opening the 25m pool and here is some key information in relation to how we will operate moving forward for the foreseeable future.
What can you expect
- We have prepared COVID Safety Plan to ensure the health and safety of staff, athletes and all members of the public.
- The 25m pool will have a maximum capacity of 100 people at any one time. We don’t anticipate that this limit will be reached, however staff will be monitoring numbers to ensure we don’t exceed the maximum capacity.
- The hours of operation will be:
- Monday to Friday: 6.15am to 8.50pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 8.00am to 6.50pm
- Please check for lane availability for each day on the public swimming page. Please note that lane availability is subject to change at short notice.
- Cleaning across all spaces, change rooms and high touch points will be increased.
- There will be additional hand sanitisers for use by patrons.
- We will be carefully managing the entry, exit and flow of patrons through the Aquatic & Fitness Centre, particularly in order to separate patrons from any high performance athlete activity on site.
- We will no longer be accepting cash as a form of payment.Payment can only be made via EFTPOS, debit card or credit card.
- We will continue to monitor the situation constantly and may suspend activity should there be a need to due to health and safety concerns.
While restrictions are easing, our collective responsibilities haven't. It is your responsibility to:
- maintain personal and respiratory hygiene, including regular hand washing; and
- stay home if you are unwell and get tested if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
When coming to the Aquatic & Fitness Centre, you should:
- abide by the “get in, train, get out” principal and not gather in communal areas before or after activity;
- please leave the Aquatic & Fitness Centre quickly following your swim;
- remember to bring your swimming cap and towel; and
- reduce contact with other people and try to main physical distancing of 1.5 metres from other people.
Help us return to sport and physical activity by downloading the COVIDSafe app.
Downloading the app is something you can do to protect you, your family and friends, and save the lives of other Australians.
When will other programs and activities at the Aquatic & Fitness Centre resume ?
We understand that our members and customers are keen to resume activity at the Aquatic & Fitness Centre.
Aqua-Aerobics and Aqua-Recovery sessions are planned to resume from Monday 3 August.
While the campus has been closed, we have taken the opportunity to progress some improvement works in the Testing and Training Pool and Recovery Centre.
So as restrictions continue to be eased, we may still require some limitations on public activities until these works are completed and in order to comply with ACT Public Health Directions. We thank you for your ongoing understanding.
Further information on possible and phased resumption of public activity on the AIS campus can be found here.
We will endeavour to provide advanced notice of any resumption of public activity. If there are any changes to programs and activity at the AIS campus, this will be communicated via our website, as well as the Visit AIS, Aquatic & Fitness Centre and Track and Field Centre Facebook pages. Existing customers may also be contacted directly should any changes apply.