The AIS and Sport Australia, with support from the Office for Women, are delivering a program comprising of learning modules to support women athletes who are pursuing career options in the sport sector workforce. The program has a career and leadership development focus for women athletes transitioning to other professional career pathways in sport. The program will cover areas such as:
- debriefing the athletic experience
- fast track career advice
- developing a career action plan
- building professional networks
- leadership skills development
- understanding the barriers for women to transition and progress their professional careers
- EOIs open 25 October 2021
- EOIs close 8 November 2021
- Applicants will be notified 30 November 2021
The sessions are designed to deliver transformational leadership and career development skills for women with high performance athletic experience who are ready to advance their professional careers in the Australian sports sector.
The key objectives of the Athlete Accelerate Program are to:
Expressions of Interest for the 2021-22 cohort will be open from the 25 October - 8 November 2021.
The below dates are TBC, but provide an overview of the time commitments for participating.
- Program briefing call w/c 13 December 2021 – 90min online session
- First group session w/c 7 February 2022 – 1 day in Canberra
- Second group session w/c 28 February 2022 – 3 days day in Canberra
- Third group session w/c 2 May 2022 – 3 days in Canberra
For further information please contact: email@example.com