The AIS and Sport Australia, with support from the Office for Women, are delivering a program comprising of learning modules to support women athletes who are pursuing career options in the sport sector workforce. The program has a career and leadership development focus for women athletes transitioning to other professional career pathways in sport. The program will cover areas such as:
- debriefing the athletic experience
- fast track career advice
- developing a career action plan
- building professional networks
- leadership skills development
- understanding the barriers for women to transition and progress their professional careers
The sessions are designed to deliver transformational leadership and career development skills for women with high performance athletic experience who are ready to advance their professional careers in the Australian sports sector.
The key objectives of the Athlete Accelerate Program are to:
To be eligible for the program, participants will need to be:
- A woman aged 18 years or over.
- An Australian citizen or have been granted permanent residence status.
- A former or current podium level (ready, potential or podium) categorised athlete and/or a national team representative of a recognised funded sport.
- Employed or engaged by a state or national sporting organisation in a part-time or full-time capacity or ready to commence a role in the Australian sports sector.
- Available for all program dates.
Participants need to:
- Identify a sponsor currently employed within the sports sector to support the application. A sponsor is someone in a senior leadership role who can influence and advocate on behalf of the applicant.
- Not be an employee of Sport Australia or the Australian Institute of Sport when applying for the program with the exception of applicants engaged on a casual arrangement.
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org