Individuals with a technical expertise in Performance Support are invited to participate in a ground-breaking development program, with the overall purpose of increasing depth, and effectiveness of leadership across Performance Support in the High Performance (HP) sport system.
In 2022, the Team Leadership (Performance Support) program will be offered to new and emerging leaders within the sport system who are from a technical expertise background within performance support. The overarching intent of these programs is to transform the Australian Sporting System. They have been designed to support individuals in identifying opportunities and removing barriers for personal transformation by providing dedicated time in which to:
- Name, claim and leverage key strengths
- Consciously develop presence to influence change
- Make sense of how experiences have shaped them and who they could become
- Develop strategies that enable them to be more fully seen and understood
- Intentionally explore and develop their relationship system to enable more conscious connections
Team Leadership (Performance Support)
- Applications open
31 January 2022
- Applications close
14 February 2022
- Outcomes notified to all applicants
Late February 2022
- Provide opportunities and remove barriers for personal and professional development.
- Support and advance current and emerging leaders in performance support roles in Australian sport.
- Support, retain and progress talented leaders in Performance Support that can challenge the status quo and increase leadership effectiveness in sport.
- 31 January 2022 – Applications open
- 14 February 2022 – Applications close
- Late February 2022 – Participants notified
The below dates apply to the program and are TBC, but provide an overview of the time commitments for participating. Sessions will be adapted to online delivery if there are COVID travel restrictions.
- Program Launch – Friday 4 March (120min online session)
- First group session – w/c 2 May 2022 – 2 days in Canberra
- Second group session – w/c 20 June 2022 – 2 days day in Canberra
- Third group session – w/c 17 October 2022 – 2 days in Canberra
To be eligible for the program, participants will need to be:
- Aged 18 years or over.
- An Australian citizen or have been granted permanent residence status.
- Engaged or contracted by a National Sporting Organisation (NSO), National Institute Network (NIN) member or Games Delivery Partner.
- Available for all program dates.
Participants need to:
- Identify a sponsor currently employed within the high performance sports system to support the application. A sponsor is someone more senior who can influence and advocate on behalf of the applicant.
- Not be employed by Sport Australia or the AIS when applying for the program.
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org