The AIS is launching the National Generation 2032 Coach Program in 2022, a two-year intensive coach development program for aspiring pathway and early career high performance coaches.
The aim of the program is to increase the number and diversity of Australian high performance career coaches who can contribute positively to future Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth Games. It aims to develop contemporary ways of delivering coaching to future generations of athletes through enhanced use of innovation and technology, advanced interpersonal and leadership skills, and an increased understanding of athlete development.
The program is a key component of the AIS High Performance Coach Development Strategy. It will be delivered in partnership with the National Institute Network and National Sporting Organisations and support up to 30 coaches in the inaugural 2022 cohort.
Each coach on the program will experience:
- Full-time employment by their National Sporting Organisation or National Institute Network partner for two years (salaries co-funded by the AIS)
- Integration into the coaching team and immersion into the daily training environment of a high performance program within their sport
- Coaching high performance athletes, under the guidance of an experienced mentor coach
- Six AIS-led Learning Labs across two years, providing customised professional development
- Developing and implementing a personalised Coach Development Plan
- Peer learning from coaches of other sports within the program
- Exposure to other High Performance environments and personnel
National Generation 2032 Coach Program
For eligibility details and application information please read the National Generation 2032 Coach Program Guidelines.
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org