- Preparation time 25 minutes
- Cooking time 30 minutes
- Serves 4-6
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 zucchini (courgette), grated
- 400 g sweet potato (kumera), grated
- 150 g button mushrooms, chopped
- 825 g can chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper or mixed herbs, to taste
- spray canola or olive oil
- 375 g fresh lasagne sheets
- 500 g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to moderate (180°C or 350°F).
- Spray a large pan with oil and heat.
- Add the onion and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the zucchini (courgette), sweet potato (kumera), mushrooms, tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar, and season to taste.
- Spray the base of a large lasagne dish lightly with oil.
- Cut the lasagne sheets to size and arrange a layer of sheets over the base of the dish.
- Top with a thin layer of sauce, then continue layering pasta and sauce, making one of the layers with the low-fat ricotta.
- Finish with a thin layer of sauce on top, sprinkle with parmesan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Stand for 5 minutes before cutting into squares to serve.
HINT: Different vegetables may be used in this recipe. Just chop, or finely grate where appropriate, to reduce cooking time
|ANALYSIS per serve|
|Energy kJ (Cal)|
|Calcium, Vitamin C|
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival for the Fittest" cookbook 05 Nov 2018 HINT: Different vegetables may be used in this recipe. Just chop, or finely grate where appropriate, to reduce cooking time yes, Pasta,Bakes and Grills, survival-for-the-fittest Pasta,Bakes and Grills