- 3/4-1 cup couscous
- 300g sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 onion, sliced
- 500g turkey breast or cutlets, sliced
- 250g green beans, sliced into 3cm pieces
- 1 cup halved yellow squash
- 250g jar cranberry sauce
- 100g frozen cranberries (optional)
- Cover couscous with 2 cups boiling water and set aside.
- Heat sweet potato in microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes or until soft, set aside.
- Spray a non-stick frypan or wok with oil and cook onion over medium heat for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add turkey and cook until browned.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add beans to pan/wok and stirfry for 1 minute.
- Add squash, cranberry sauce, sweet potato, onion and turkey.
- Stir until cranberry sauce is mixed through, then cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add cranberries, if desired, and stir through.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and serve with stirfry.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size