Tuna macaroni cheese
- Preparation time 15 minutes
- Cooking time 10 minutes
- Serves 4-6
- 400 g macaroni
- spray canola or olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely sliced
- 440 g can corn kernels, drained
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 375 ml can CARNATION Light and Creamy Evaporated Milk
- 125 ml (½ cup) MAGGI Chicken Stock
- ½ cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- 440 g can tuna in brine, drained and flaked
- Start cooking pasta in a large pan of boiling water.
- Meanwhile, spray a large pan with oil and heat.
- Add the onion and celery and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in the corn kernels.
- Put the cornflour into a small bowl and gradually add 80 ml (1/3 cup) milk, stirring until smooth.
- Add the remaining milk and the stock to the pan then gradually add the cornflour mixture, stirring constantly.
- Keep stirring until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese until melted.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain and add with the tuna to the pan.
- Stir to combine, and serve immediately.
HINT: You can also garnish this dish with a sprinkle of parsley and lemon rind
|ANALYSIS per serve|
|Energy kJ (Cal)|
|Calcium, Iron, Zinc|
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival for the Fittest" cookbook 05 Nov 2018 HINT: You can also garnish this dish with a sprinkle of parsley and lemon rind , Pasta, survival-for-the-fittest Pasta