Chicken & pumpkin risotto
- Preparation time 20 minutes
- Cooking time 40 minutes + 5 minutes standing time
- Serves 6
- oil for cooking
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 stalks celery, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 500g chicken breast fillet, cut into thin slices
- 1½ cups arborio rice
- 500g butternut pumpkin, diced into 2cm cubes
- 4 cups chicken stock, hot
- 375 ml can CARNATION Light and Creamy Coconut Flavoured Evaporated Milk
- parsley, chopped, to serve
- Heat oil in a large non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, celery and capsicum and cook for 5 minutes or until tender and lightly golden. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add rice and pumpkin and stir until combined.
- Add stock gradually, stirring until all the liquid has been absorbed. Finally add the CARNATION Light and Creamy Coconut Flavoured Evaporated Milk.
- Remove from heat and stand for 5 minutes. Divide between serving bowls and sprinkle with parsley.
|ANALYSIS per serve||6|
|Energy kJ (Cal)||1810|
|Saturated fat (g)||3|
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival for the Active Family" cookbook 13 Mar 2020 , Rice, survival-for-the-active-family Rice