- You will need 12 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- 500g packet firm tofu, thickly sliced and cut into triangles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tbs honey
- 2 cups rice
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 2 zucchini, cut into four lengthways and thickly sliced
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- green salad, to serve (optional)
- Place tofu in a non-metallic container.
- Combine soy sauce, garlic and honey in a small bowl, then pour over tofu.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to packet instructions.
- Thread tomatoes, zucchini, onions and tofu alternatively onto skewers (2 pieces of each per skewer).
- Preheat barbecue grill plate to medium-high heat.
- Cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until lightly charred.
- Serve with rice and a salad, if desired.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size