Thai-style chicken salad
- Preparation time 20 minutes
- Cooking time 10 minutes
- Serves 4-6
- 500 g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- Olive or canola oil spray
- 500 g or 2 skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into thin strips
- 2 small mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways and sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Fish Sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons MAGGI Authentic Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts, optional
- 1 small cos lettuce
- Cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender.
- Drain, rinse thoroughly with cold water and drain well.
- Spray a nonstick frying pan with oil and heat.
- Cook chicken over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Place noodles, mango, tomato, spring onion, cucumber and chicken in a bowl.
- In a small bowl or jug, mix lime juice and sauces.
- Pour over noodle salad and toss well to combine.
- Divide among serving plates, and sprinkle with coriander and peanuts.
- Serve lettuce on the side.
- Garnish with extra spring onions, if desired.
HINT: Use the meat from a barbecued chicken, avoiding any skin or fat, instead of breast fillets
|ANALYSIS per serve|| |
|Energy kJ (Cal)|| |
|Carbohydrate (g)|| |
|Protein (g)|| |
|Fat (g)|| |
|Iron, Vitamin C, Zinc|
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival from the Fittest" cookbook 05 Nov 2018 HINT: Use the meat from a barbecued chicken, avoiding any skin or fat, instead of breast fillets , Soups and Salads, survival-from-the-fittest Soups and Salads