- 1 1/2-2 cups sushi rice or soba noodles
- 500g chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbs mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine)
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 2 cups MAGGI Real Chicken Stock
- 4 green shallots, diagonally sliced
- 300g broccoli florets
- 200g snow peas
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tbs cornflour
- Cook rice or noodles according to packet instructions.
- Combine chicken, soy sauce, mirin and sugar in a non-metallic bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Bring chicken mixture and stock to the boil in a saucepan, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 mintues.
- Add vegetables and simmer for 3 minutes, then cover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix cornflour with 1 tablespoon water and add to pan.
- Stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size