- Olive or canola oil spray
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced chilli
- 500g chicken breast fillets, chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 litre MAGGI Real Chicken Stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 tbs chopped fresh coriander, plus extra to garnish
- 400g can corn kernels,rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup grated low-fat cheese
- 4 large or 6 small bread rolls
- Spray a non-stick saucepan with oil and cook onion, garlic and chilli over medium heat until soft.
- Add chicken and cook until browned all over.
- Add chilli powder, cumin and oregano and cook for 1 minute.
- Add stock and tomatoes, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high heat and toast tortillas until crisp.
- Break into pieces.
- Add coriander to soup and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir corn through, then ladle soup into bowls and top with tortillas, cheese and extra coriander.
- Serve with bread rolls.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size