Skip to content
Return to top
- 250 g yellow split peas
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 600 ml MAGGI All Natural Vegetable Liquid Stock
- 375 g vegetarian hotdogs (optional), sliced
- freshly round black pepper, to taste
- bread rolls
- Place the split peas in a large saucepan and cover with plenty of cold water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about 40 minutes, until tender.
- Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Spray a large saucepan with oil.
- Add onion, garlic and carrot to the saucepan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir through the cooked split peas and vegetable stock, and season with pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes, adding a little water, if necessary.
- Add the sliced hotdogs, if using and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chervil, if desired.
- Serve with a crusty bread roll.
|ANALYSIS per serve|
|Energy kJ (Cal)|
|Fibre, Iron, Zinc|| |
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival from the Fittest" cookbook
05 Nov 2018
yes, Soups and Salads, survival-from-the-fittest
Soups and Salads