Skip to content
Return to top
Pumpkin & bean burgers
- 1 cup grated pumpkin
- oil for cooking
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 250g packet frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- ½ cup couscous
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- bread to serve
- salad, to serve
- chutney, to serve
- Cook pumpkin in microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes or until soft, then drain.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium to high heat. Add onion, garlic and chilli and cook for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Add curry powder and cook for a further minute.
- Mash beans and pumpkin and combine with spinach, couscous, herbs and onion mixture. Wet hands and shape mixture into 6 flat patties.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat oil in pan and cook patties for 1-2 minutes each side or until lightly golden. Place on a baking tray and bake for a further 6 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve with bread, salad and chutney.
|ANALYSIS per serve || 6|
| Energy kJ (Cal) || 465|
| Carbohydrate (g) ||17|
| Protein (g) ||7|
| Fat (g) ||1|
| Saturated fat (g) ||0|
| Fibre (g) ||5|
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival for the Active Family" cookbook
05 Nov 2018
, Bakes and Grills, survival-for-the-active-family
Bakes and Grills