Prawn & vegetable skewers
- Serves 4-6
- You will need 12-16 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- 1 1/2-2 cups rice
- 800g large green king prawns, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 1/4 cup each MAGGI Sweet Chilli Sauce and MAGGI Chilli & Garlic Sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 6-8 button mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 cup canned pineapple pieces in natural juice, drained
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- Preheat barbecue grill plate to medium-high heat.
- Rinse prawns and place in a bowl with sauces.
- Set aside for 10-15 minutes to marinate.
- Alternately thread capsicum, zucchini, mushrooms, pineapple and tomatoes onto skewers.
- Thread prawns onto separate skewers, fitting 3-4 prawns on each skewer.
- Place vegetable skewers on grill plate and cook for 3-5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add prawn skewers and cook for a further 3-5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Serve with rice.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size
|Energy (kJ)|| |
|Protein (g)|| |
|Fat (g)|| |
|Carbohydrate (g)|| |
|Calcium, Iron, Vitamin C|
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival Around the World" cookbook 05 Nov 2018 , Bakes and Grills, survival-around-the-world Bakes and Grills