Skip to content
Return to top
- 250 g spaghetti
- 150 g sweet potato, cut into small cubes
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 rashers bacon, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, cut into small cubes
- 100 g button mushrooms, halved and sliced
- 310 g can corn kernels, drained
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 5 egg whites
- Italian crusty bread, to serve
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Steam or microwave sweet potato until tender.
- Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil and heat.
- Add onion, bacon and capsicum and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes until vegetables are soft and bacon is brown.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another minute until soft.
- Transfer to a large bowl, and add sweet potato, corn, parsley and drained spaghetti; mix well.
- Spray a nonstick frying pan (30 cm across top) with oil and heat.
- Arrange spaghetti mixture evenly over base of pan.
- Whisk eggs and egg whites in a jug until well combined.
- Pour evenly over spaghetti mixture.
- Cook over medium heat for about 8 minutes, moving the pan around, if necessary, to cook the frittata evenly.
- Preheat a grill to medium and place the frying pan under the grill (be careful not to burn wooden or plastic handles) for 6-7 minutes, until set.
- Carefully run a spatula around the edge of the frittata.
- Place a large plate face down over the frittata, and carefully invert to turn out.
- Cut into pieces to serve.
- Serve with a salad and bread, if desired.
- Note: the frittata keeps in the fridge for up to 2 days and can be reheated or eaten cold or at room temperature.
|ANALYSIS per serve (incl bread)|
|Energy kJ (Cal)|
|Iron, Vitamin C, Zinc|| |
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival from the Fittest" cookbook
05 Nov 2018
no, Pasta, survival-from-the-fittest