- 12 small chat potatoes, halved
- 150g baby spinach
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 200g baby green beans, trimmed and blanched
- 400g can tuna in brine, drained
- 8 pitted black olives, halved
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large or 6 small bread rolls
- Boil potatoes in a saucepan for 8-10 minutes or until cooked.
- Combine spinach, tomatoes, beans and potatoes in a large serving bowl.
- Flake tuna over the top and scatter with olives, basil and eggs.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice and drizzle over salad.
- Season with pepper.
- Serve with bread rolls.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size