Skip to content
Return to top
Midweek roast chicken
- 700g chicken thigh fillets
- oil for cooking
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, taste
- 4 medium potatoes, roughly chopped
- salad or steamed vegetables, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Combine chicken, oil, garlic, rosemary, lemon juice in plastic bag. Season with salt and pepper. Massage to combine.
- Microwave potato on high for 6 minutes or until just tender.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium to high heat. Cook chicken for 6 minutes or until brown. Remove from pan, set aside.
- Add oil to pan. Add potato and cook for 8 minutes or until golden. Toss the chicken and potato into a baking dish and place in oven. Cook for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with salad or steamed vegetables.
|ANALYSIS per serve || 4|
| Energy kJ (Cal) || 1546|
| Carbohydrate (g) ||17|
| Protein (g) ||36|
| Fat (g) ||17|
| Saturated fat (g) ||4|
| Fibre (g) ||2|
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival for the Active Family" cookbook
05 Nov 2018
, Bakes and Grills, survival-for-the-active-family
Bakes and Grills