- Olive or canola oil spray
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced chilli
- 1 1/2-2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 3 cups MAGGI Real Chicken Stock
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 420g can four bean mix, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- Spray a non-stick saucepan with oil and cook onion, garlic and chilli over medium heat until soft.
- Add rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to the boil, then add vegetables and beans.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in almonds and heat through.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size