- Serves 4-6
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, strained
- 2 eggwhites, lightly beaten
- blueberries and strawberries, to serve (optional)
- biscotti, to serve (optional)
- Heat sugar and 2 cups water in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until syrupy.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Pour mixture into a slice pan and place in freezer until just frozen.
- Transfer to a food processor or bowl, add eggwhites and process or beat with an electric mixer until combined.
- Return to pan and refreeze until just frozen.
- Process or beat mixture again, then refreeze until firm.
- Serve with berries and biscotti, if desired.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size
|Energy (kJ)|| |
|Protein (g)|| |
|Fat (g)|| |
|Carbohydrate (g)|| |
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival Around the World" cookbook 05 Nov 2018 yes, Treats, survival-around-the-world Treats