Skip to content
Return to top
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- rind of 1 lemon, grated
- 100ml lemon juice
- 1 tbs margarine, melted
- 1 cup The Complete Dairy milk
- 1 egg
- lemon butter
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper muffin cases.
- Sift the self-raising flour into a large bowl.
- Stir in 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, the grated rind of 1 lemon and sugar into the flour mixture and make a well in the centre.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to whisk together margarine, milk and egg.
- Add 100ml lemon juice to egg mixture, then add to flour.
- Stir gently until mixutre is just combined.
- Half-fill muffin cases with mixture, then add 1 teaspoon lemon butter to each.
- Top with remaining mixture.
- Make a small well in top of each and add an extra 1/2 teaspoon lemon butter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffins are well risen and spring back to the touch.
- Leave in pan for for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
| Energy (kJ) || |
| Protein (g) || |
| Fat (g) || |
| Carbohydrate (g) || |
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival Around the World" cookbook
05 Nov 2018
yes, Treats, survival-around-the-world