- 2 cups rice
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 500g lean beef, cut into cubes
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup MAGGI Real Beef Stock
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup sweet potato, diced
- 150g green beans, cut into 4cm lengths
- 2 tbs chopped fresh coriander
- Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- Spray a non-stick saucepan with oil and cook the onion, spices and garlic over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until onion is golden.\
- Add the beef and cook for 3-5 minutes or until brown.
- Add tomatoes and stock, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and sweet potato and simmer for a further 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Add beans for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Sprinkle with coriander, if desired, and serve with rice.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size