- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 400g can corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- olive or canola oil spray
- 150g baby spinach
- 300g smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g PETERS FARM Natural No Fat Set Yogurt
- 2 tbs snipped fresh chives or chopped dill
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
- Sift flour into a bowl.
- Whisk eggs and milk together and pour into dry ingredients, whisk to a smooth batter.
- Fold in coriander and corn.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frypan with oil.
- To cook 4 pikelets at a time, drop 11/2 tablespoonfuls of mixture into pan for each, allowing room for spreading.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes each side.
- Transfer to a baking tray and repeat with remaining mixture.
- Bake pikelets in oven for 10 minutes or until risen.
- Serve pikelets on a bed of spinach, and top with salmon, onion, avocado and tomatoes.
- Add a dollop of yogurt and sprinkle with chives or dill.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size