Skip to content
Return to top
Ginger pear muffin
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- ¾ cup (190 ml) skim milk
- 200 g PETERS FARM No Fat Natural Yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 2 large, ripe pears, peeled and grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Lightly grease a 12-hole muffin pan.
- Sift flours into a large bowl, add 2 teaspoons ground ginger when sifting the flours (tip husks into the bowl, too).
- Stir in sugar and make a well in the centre.
- In a small bowl, whisk margarine, milk, yoghurt, egg and pear together then add to flour mixture.
- Stir gently until mixture is just combined but do not over beat.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffins are well risen and spring back to the touch.
- Leave in pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool, or eat warm.
|ANALYSIS per serve|
|Energy kJ (Cal)|
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival from the Fittest" cookbook
05 Nov 2018
no, Treats, survival-from-the-fittest