Fruity salsa tortillas
- Serves 4
- 4 large burrito flour tortillas
- 1 eggwhite, lightly beaten
- caster sugar, to sprinkle, plus 2 tsp extra ground cinnamon, to sprinkle
- 250g strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 2 fresh mangoes, flesh chopped (or 1 x 400g can chopped mango slices if unavailable)
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- pulp of 4 passionfruit (or 170g can passionfruit in syrup if unavailable)
- 4 scoops PETERS Light & Creamy Ice-cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Heat tortillas in microwave on HIGH for 30-60 seconds or until warm and flexible, then brush one side of each with eggwhite and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut in half.
- Fold each half into a cone shape, sprinkled-side folded inwards.
- Stand in a muffin pan, wide-side down, and bake in oven for 7-10 minutes or until brown.
- Leave to cool in pan.
- Meanwhile, combine strawberries, mangoes, kiwifruit and half the passionfruit pulp in a bowl to make a fruit salsa.
- Sprinkle with a little cinnamon.
- Combine remaining passionfruit pulp with a little water and extra 2 teaspoons sugar. (If using passionfruit in syrup, use straight from can – do not add water and sugar).
- Spoon salsa into cones and lay on a plate.
- Pour passionfruit mixture over the top.
- Serve with ice-cream.
|Energy (kJ)|| |
|Protein (g)|| |
|Fat (g)|| |
|Carbohydrate (g)|| |
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival Around the World" cookbook 05 Nov 2018 , Sandwiches and Snacks, survival-around-the-world Sandwiches and Snacks