- 150g blueberries
- 150g strawberries, hulled and halved
- 4 tbs caster sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthways or 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 70g plain flour
- 20g butter or canola margarine, melted
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- olive or canola oil spray
- 4-6 scoops PETERS Light & Creamy Vanilla Ice-cream (optional)
- Heat berries, 3 tablespoons sugar, vanilla bean/essence and 300ml water in a saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Mix cornflour with 1 tablespoon water and stir into berry mixture.
- Simmer, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens, then cover and remove from heat.
- Sift flour into a bowl, then stir in remaining sugar and make a well in the centre.
- Combine butter/margarine, lemon zest, eggs and milk in a small jug.
- Whisk into dry ingredients and stir until mixture resembles a smooth batter.
- Lightly spray a small non-stick frypan with oil, add 2-3 tablespoons of batter to pan and tilt pan so it covers the base.
- Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until golden underneath.
- Flip and cook the other side until golden.
- Remove from pan and transfer to a low oven to keep warm while you cook remaining crepes.
- Serve with sauce and a scoop of ice-cream, if desired.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size