- Olive or canola oil spray
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 slices ham, diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 3 large (600 g total) potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups fish or vegetable stock
- 375 ml can CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 500 g white fish fillets (such as flathead, whiting), cut into chunks
- 300 g can corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbs snipped fresh chives
- 4 large or 6 small bread rolls
- Spray a non-stick saucepan with oil and cook onion, ham, celery and garlic over medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add flour and potatoes and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add stock, evaporated milk and lemon juice, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Add fish and corn.
- Cook, stirring, over medium heat for 5 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish wit chives.
- Serve with bread rolls.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size