Feta & sweet potato pizza
- Preparation time 20 minutes
- Cooking time 30 minutes
- Serves 2-4
- One 30 cm round pizza base, or four 15 cm individual bases
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 100 g peeled sweet potato (kumera), thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 80 g feta cheese
- Preheat oven to moderately hot (200°C or 400°F).
- Spread pizza sauce on pizza base, leaving a 2 cm gap around the edge.
- Arrange the vegetables on the base, then crumble feta cheese over the top.
- Place pizza on an oven tray (you can slide it directly onto the oven shelf but it can be difficult to remove when cooked).
- Bake for 30 minutes or until base is crisp and the cheese lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
HINT: Pizzas with a thin crust, such as pita bread, will cook more quickly and may only take 15-20 minutes in the oven. If the bases have their own sauce, omit any extra pizza sauce from the recipe
|ANALYSIS per serve|
|Energy kJ (Cal)|
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival for the Fittest" cookbook 05 Nov 2018 HINT: Pizzas with a thin crust, such as pita bread, will cook more quickly and may only take 15-20 minutes in the oven. If the bases have their own sauce, omit any extra pizza sauce from the recipe no, Bakes and Grills, survival-for-the-fittest Bakes and Grills