Chilli chicken & rice
- Preparation time 5 minutes
- Cooking time 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- oil for cooking
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 300g chicken mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp MAGGI Authentic Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp MAGGI Sweet Chilli Sauce, or to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 3 cups long-grain white rice, cooked
- 12 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes or until just soft.
- Add chicken mince, garlic and ginger and cook for about 5 minutes or until browned, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon.
- Add capsicum and cook for a further 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add MAGGI Authentic Fish Sauce and MAGGI Sweet Chilli Sauce.
- Stir in coriander.
- To serve, divide the rice among the lettuce leaves, top with chicken mixture and roll up to eat with your fingers.
|ANALYSIS per serve||4|
|Energy kJ (Cal)||1258|
|Saturated fat (g)||2|
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival for the Active Family" cookbook 05 Nov 2018 , Spice, survival-for-the-active-family Spice