- 1-2 cups rice
- 2 tbs MAGGI Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbs MAGGI Fish Sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 500g beef strips
- olive or canola oil spray
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1-2 tsp minced chilli
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 bunch choy sum, shredded
- 100g bean sprouts
- 230g can bamboo shoots, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh mint
- Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- Combine oyster and fish sauces, lime juice and sugar in a small jug, set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a non-stick wok or frypan over medium-high heat and stirfry beef in batches until browned.
- Remove and set aside.
- Spray wok/pan with oil, add onion, garlic, chilli and capsicum and stirfry until onion is soft.
- Add choy sum, bean sprouts and bamboo shoots and mix to combine.
- Return beef to pan, add sauce mixture and stir until heated through.
- Remove from heat and scatter with mint.
- Serve with rice.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size