- Olive or canola oil spray
- 2 onions, halved and sliced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 baby eggplants, diced
- 2 tsp each ground cumin and coriander
- 1 tsp each ground turmeric and cinnamon
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut into chunks
- 400g can chopped tomatoes grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 11/2 cups MAGGI Real Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1 tbs chopped fresh coriander, to garnish (optional)
- 1 1/2-2 cups couscous
- 1/2 cup MAGGI Real Chicken Stock
- 1 tbs chopped fresh coriander (optional)
- Spray a non-stick saucepan with oil and cook onions, garlic and eggplants over medium heat until soft.
- Add cumin, coriander, turmeric and cinnamon and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and cook until browned.
- Add tomatoes, lemon rind and juice, stock, olives, zucchini and apricots and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make couscous, cover couscous with stock and 1 cup boiling water.
- Set aside for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork and stir fresh coriander through, if desired.
- Serve tagine over couscous.
- Garnish with fresh coriander, if desired.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size