Chicken & cashew tostadas
- Serves 4-6
- 1 1/2 cups spiral pasta (omit for Low Fuel)
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1.5-2cm cubes
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, diced
- 400g can pineapple pieces in natural juice, drained and diced
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive or canola oil spray
- 500g chicken tenderloins or skinless chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut into small strips
- 60g unsalted cashew nuts
- juice of 1 lemon
- 12 enchilada tortillas
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 200g Mexican salsa
- 200g PETERS FARM Natural No Fat Set Yogurt
- chopped fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions (omit for Low Fuel).
- Cook sweet potato in microwave for 5 minutes on HIGH or until soft.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumbers and pineapple in a small bowl to make a salsa.
- Season with pepper and set aside.
- Spray a no-stick wok with oil and stirfry chicken in batches over medium-high heat until browned.
- Set aside.
- Add onion to wok and cook until soft.
- Add capsicum, cashews, pasta, chicken and sweet potato, and stirfry until chicken is tender.
- Season with lemon juice and pepper. Meanwhile, heat tortillas in microwave on HIGH for 30-60 seconds or until warm and flexible.
- To assemble, place 2 tortillas on a plate, overlapping in centre.
- Cover with lettuce leaves, then spoonfuls of stirfry mix and homemade salsa.
- Top with a dollop each of Mexican salsa and yogurt and sprinkle with coriander.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size
|Energy (kJ)|| |
|Protein (g)|| |
|Fat (g)|| |
|Carbohydrate (g)|| |
|Calcium, Iron, Vitamin C|
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival Around the World" cookbook 05 Nov 2018 , Pasta, survival-around-the-world Pasta