- Preparation time 10 minutes
- Cooking time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- oil for cooking
- 500g firm tofu, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1½ tbsp kecap manis
- 1 tbsp of MAGGI Authentic Fish Sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 150g snow peas, sliced lengthways
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Jasmine rice, cooked, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook tofu in two separate batches until lightly browned.
- Remove cooked tofu and set aside on paper towel.
- Reduce heat to medium, add onion and garlic and cook for 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add kecap manis, MAGGI Authentic Fish Sauce and sugar and stir to combine.
- Add vegetables and lime juice and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Return tofu to the pan to heat through.
- Serve with rice and lime wedges.
|ANALYSIS per serve||4|
|Energy kJ (Cal)||988|
|Saturated fat (g)||1|
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival for the Active Family" cookbook 05 Nov 2018 , Rice, survival-for-the-active-family Rice