Skip to content
Return to top
Beef with cashews
- oil for cooking
- 500g lean beef, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 250g snow peas, halved
- 115g fresh baby corn, cut in half lengthways
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp plum sauce
- 1 cup roasted cashew nuts
- rice, cooked, to serve or 2 packets MAGGI 2 Minute Noodles, cooked to packet instructions minus seasoning
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan or wok over high heat. Stir-fry the meat in batches for 1–2 minutes or until well browned and tender. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reheat wok, add onion, ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 1 minutes or until softened.
- Add remaining vegetables and stir-fry for about 3 minutes or until tender but still crisp. Add sauces and stir through.
- Return beef to the pan and stir for 1 minute or until heated.
- Mix in the nuts and serve immediately over the rice or MAGGI 2 Minute Noodles.
|ANALYSIS per serve || 6|
| Energy kJ (Cal) || 2171|
| Carbohydrate (g) ||69|
| Protein (g) ||28|
| Fat (g) ||13|
| Saturated fat (g) ||3|
| Fibre (g) ||4|
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival for the Active Family" cookbook
05 Nov 2018
no, Rice, survival-for-the-active-family