Beef & vegetable satay sticks
- Preparation time 15 minutes
- Cooking time 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 500 g rump steak, cut into 2-cm cubes
- 6 spring onions, cut into 3-cm lengths
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into cubes
- 200 g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 large zucchini, cut into thick slices
- 2 tablespoons oil-free French dressing
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes to prevent them from burning under the grill.
- Thread the steak, spring onion, capsicum, mushrooms and zucchini onto the skewers.
- Place skewers on a foil-lined grill tray and baste with combined dressing and honey.
- Cook under a preheated grill on high, or on a barbecue hot plate, basting and turning a couple of times during cooking until the beef is tender.
- Serve skewers with a salad or wrapped in a piece of Lebanese bread with rocket.
- Drizzle with your favourite sauce.
- Serve with salad on the side, if desired.
HINT: Any lean meat can be used to make the satay. Vegetarians can use firm tofu diced into cubes
|ANALYSIS per serve|
|Energy kJ (Cal)|
|Fibre, Iron, Vitamin C, Zinc|
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival from the Fittest" cookbook 05 Nov 2018 HINT: Any lean meat can be used to make the satay. Vegetarians can use firm tofu diced into cubes , Bakes and Grills, survival-from-the-fittest Bakes and Grills