Skip to content
Return to top
Bean & avocado potato
- 4 large evenly shaped potatoes, about 300 g each
- 290 g can red kidney beans
- 200 g jar taco sauce
- ½ avocado
- Clean the potatoes if necessary and pat the skin dry with paper towel.
- Pierce the potatoes a few times with a small sharp knife and place directly on the shelf of a preheated hot (210°C or 415°F) oven and bake for at least 1 hour.
- Leave in the oven for 1½ hours for really crisp skins.
- Rinse and drain the red kidney beans.
- Place in a small saucepan with the taco sauce.
- Stir over medium heat until warmed through.
- Cut cooked potatoes in half and scoop out flesh.
- Put into a bowl and mash with avocado then return to the potato skins.
- Spoon the bean mixture over the top, and serve immediately.
- If desired, sprinkle with a small amount of finely grated low-fat tasty cheese.
|ANALYSIS per serve|
|Energy kJ (Cal)|
|Fibre, Vitamin C, Iron|| |
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival for the Fittest" cookbook
05 Nov 2018
no, Bakes and Grills, survival-for-the-fittest
Bakes and Grills