Skip to content
Return to top
Baked beef risotto
- oil for cooking
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp MAGGI Hot Chilli Sauce
- 100g button mushrooms, chopped
- 350g lean beef mince
- 1½ cups arborio rice
- 4 cups beef stock
- 150g green beans, trimmed and chopped
- 400g sweet potato, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp coarsely chopped basil
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, MAGGI Hot Chilli Sauce, mushrooms and mince and cook for about 5–8 minutes or until browned.
- Add rice. Stir in the stock, beans and sweet potato and bring to boil. Transfer to a 6-cup-capacity baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover, stir risotto well and return to the oven to cook, uncovered, for a further 10 minutes or until rice is tender and the stock has been absorbed
- Stir through cheese and basil and season with pepper.
|ANALYSIS per serve || 4-6|
| Energy kJ (Cal) || 2134|
| Carbohydrate (g) ||79|
| Protein (g) ||28|
| Fat (g) ||8|
| Saturated fat (g) ||3|
| Fibre (g) ||5|
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival for the Active Family" cookbook
05 Nov 2018
no, Rice, survival-for-the-active-family