Skip to content
Return to top
- oil for cooking
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- wholemeal toast, to serve
- Heat oil in a medium non-stock frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery and cook for 6 minutes or until soft. Add a little water if necessary.
- Add beans, tomatoes, mustard, golden syrup and sauces.
- Simmer 20 minutes stirring frequently or until the beans are tender and mixture has thickened. Serve with wholemeal toast.
|ANALYSIS per serve||4|
|Energy kJ (Cal)||817|
|Saturated fat (g)||0|
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival for the Active Family" cookbook
05 Nov 2018
no, Sandwiches and Snacks, survival-for-the-active-family
Sandwiches and Snacks