Baby octopus pizza
- Preparation time 5 minutes
- Cooking time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- ¾ cup pumpkin, cubed
- olive or canola oil spray
- 500 g clean fresh baby octopus
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon minced chilli
- 1½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- pinch of salt
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 large precooked pizza base
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Microwave pumpkin on HIGH for 2 minutes, until tender.
- Spray a nonstick frying pan with oil and heat.
- Stirfry octopus for 1-2 minutes over high heat until tender.
- Combine pumpkin, octopus, garlic, chives, chilli, vinegar, salt and pepper in bowl.
- Spread tomato paste on base and add topping.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until base is crisp and golden and topping heated through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with salad.
HINT: Prawns can be used instead of octopus
|ANALYSIS per serve|
|Energy kJ (Cal)|
Australian Institute of Sport - From the "Survival from the Fittest" cookbook 05 Nov 2018 HINT: Prawns can be used instead of octopus no, Bakes and Grills, survival-from-the-fittest Bakes and Grills