- 1/2 cup rice
- 500g lean pork mince
- 1/2 cup MAGGI Real Chicken Stock
- 230g can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3 green shallots, chopped
- 2 tbs chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbs chopped fresh mint
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 3 tbs MAGGI Fish Sauce
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 100g bean sprouts
- 1 iceberg lettuce, leaves separated
- 4 large or 6 small bread rolls
- Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- Cook pork and stock in a non-stick frypan over medium heat for 10 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Add rice, water chestnuts, green shallots, coriander, mint, carrot and cucumber and mix to combine.
- Whisk together fish sauce, lime juice and brown sugar and pour over pork mixture.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Fold through bean sprouts and serve in lettuce leaves.
- Serve with bread rolls.
Athletes with high fuel needs (e.g. endurance athletes, athletes who are growing, athletes aiming to increase muscle mass) require extra carbohydrate-based ingredients and a larger serve size
Athletes with low fuel needs (e.g. skill-based athletes, athletes trying to reduce body fat) need to opt for a smaller serve size