World Class to World Best (WC2WB): Australia’s premium high performance sport conference
WC2WB will bring together all areas of the high performance system for three days of networking, learning and collaboration. By uniting our leaders, performance support, coaches, and athletes with thought innovators from outside of sport, WC2WB 2023 will ensure we continue to deliver the very best of sport to Australia and the world.
To celebrate the 12-month anniversary of Australia’s High Performance 2032+ Sport Strategy, WC2WB 2023 will explore our united core values of excellence, belonging, courage, and connection and how they are enabling our high performance sport system to win well and inspire Australians.
When: Tuesday 31 October – Thursday 2 November 2023
Where: Australian Institute of Sport, Canberra
Time: 10am commencement on Tuesday concluding Thursday afternoon
Attendance is by invitation only.
Conference program may be subject to change.
What to expect:
- Hear from a range of speakers within the high performance sport system
- Attend interactive panel sessions with a focus on Paris
- Discover how we are delivering on our Win Well Pledge
- Network with colleagues and peers
- Take a deep-dive into Australia’s high performance 2032+ sport strategy.
- Challenge: Explore the challenges and opportunities facing the high performance sport system in the lead-up to Paris 2024 and beyond.
- Showcase: Share best practice and innovative thinking from across the high performance sport landscape.
- Connection: Build relationships and networks that will help to drive future success.
Performance Support Network Activities
Thursday 2 November, afternoon session from 1:30pm
The AIS National Performance Support Systems team plays an integral role in providing managers and practitioners from across the high performance system opportunities to connect and create shared learning experiences. Following on from WC2WB activities, the National Performance Support Systems team will host two multidisciplinary sessions for performance support managers and practitioners.
NB: These sessions have been designed with Performance Support Practitioners in mind, however, they are open to interested WC2WB attendees to register.
For more information on the WC2WB conference, contact: WC2WB@ausport.gov.au