About the program
The AIS is proud to launch the AIS Community Partnerships Program.
The program will connect high performance athletes with community organisations around the country who align with their values and passions.
The program will allow athletes to experience a wide range of meaningful engagements and explore a new purpose outside of their sport career.
The AIS will partner athletes with community organisations who work in the below fields
- Health & illness
- LGBTQI+ inclusion
- Women and girls health
- Men’s health
- Prevention of gendered and family violence
- Prevention of youth violence
- First Nation’s culture & reconciliation
- Migrant and refugee communities
- Environment and sustainability
- Mental health
- Food insecurity
There will be opportunities to undertake the below engagements
- Keynote speaking
- Featured guest
- Q&A panellist
- Hospital visits
- School visits
- Media opportunities
Benefits to athletes
- Help make a difference in people’s lives
- Develop personal and professional skills (ie: public speaking, effective communication, promoting personal brand)
- Improve personal wellbeing and a greater sense of purpose outside sporting career
- Develop personal connections with local communities
- Networking opportunities
- Expressions of interest (EOI) open November 14, 2022 and will remain open with no close date.
- An AIS Community Engagement team member will call the athlete within two weeks of expressing interest to collect further information such as availability and engagement experience
- The AIS will find a suitable match between the athlete and a community organisation.
- The AIS will contact the community organisation to collect details of the proposed engagement.
- The AIS will share the engagement details and date with the athlete for approval.
- If agreed the AIS will connect the athlete with the community organisation via email and include their AW&E manager.
- The community organisation will facilitate the engagement with the athlete and keep the AIS updated.
- Following completion of the engagement the athlete will send an invoice to the AIS Community Engagement team.
- Please note that athletes will aim to be placed within 4-6 months of EOI submission.
Ready to apply?
If you have any questions please email AIS Community Engagement Advisor Beki Smith via email@example.com