The health and safety of our staff, athletes and visitors is our top priority as we take action to mitigate the risk posed to the community by COVID-19.
The following public activities and access to facilities have resumed at the AIS campus:
- AIS Aquatic & Fitness Centre
- AIS Track and Field Centre
- Hire of indoor and outdoor facilities by clubs and associations
- AIS cafe (Monday to Friday, 8:30-1:30)
The following activities in particular remain suspended:
- Public AIS Tours until at least April 2021 (school group tours resuming February 2021)
- AIS Shop until at least February 2021
We understand the value of the AIS campus to the community and we have every intention of resuming business as usual when we see it safe and appropriate. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
While restrictions are easing, our collective responsibilities haven't.
You are not permitted on the AIS Campus if you:
- are currently diagnosed with COVID19.
- are currently waiting on test results for COVID19.
- have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID19 in the past 14 days.
- currently live in or have travelled to or through a geographically localised area with elevated risk of community transmission, as defined by public health authorities. Pease refer to the ACT Health travel advice.
- have any current symptoms such as - fever, respiratory symptoms (such as coughing, sore throat, shortness of breath) or other possible symptoms including runny nose, headache, muscle or joint pains, nausea, vomiting, loss of sense of smell, altered sense of taste, loss of appetite and fatigue.
While at the AIS, you must:
- maintain personal and respiratory hygiene, including regular hand washing / sanitising.
- limit contact with and maintain physical distancing of at least 1.5 metres from all other people and groups at the AIS, including AIS staff.
- not gather in communal areas before or after activity unless directed to do so.
- please leave the AIS promptly following your activities.
- remember to bring your own water / fluids and towel (if undertaking physical activities on campus).
Help us return to sport and physical activity by downloading the COVIDSafe app.
Downloading the app is something you can do to protect you, your family and friends, and save the lives of other Australians.